Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Indicate a specific firmware version in a 6941 IP phone in CME

Hi

I would like to know whether indicate a specific fimware version in a IP phone (in this case 6941) in CME is possilbe as CUCM you can do.

Thank you

Best Regards

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

This compatibility matrix might help you with the firmware file that you should use as per the CME version and IOS version.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/requirements/guide/33matrix.htm

Select your IOS version and click on "version specification link" to see the minimum required phone firmware version.

Regards,

Mudit Mathur

Thanks & Regards, Mudit Mathur

Thank you

The URL is very hepfull

But may be I've not explained it well.

I have 100 phones 6941 phone with firmware 9.0.0 and I would like upgrade just one phone to 9.3.3 and keep the rest of them to 9.0.0

I know how do it in CUCM but I don't know in CME.

thank you.

Best Regards

Cisco Employee

Hi,

I dont think that is possible in CME. because we define the load inside telephony service and for example if we take 6941, then load file will be same for all the 6941 phones that are sccp registered. After that we give the following commands, which is also defined globally.

tftp-server flash:LOAD_FILE

So for 1 type of ip phones, i think we can define only 1 load file.

Now if you want to achive this, you can either register 99 phones as sccp and 1 phone as sip. In this way, you will be able to use different phone load for same type of phone.

Thanks & Regards, Mudit Mathur

Thank you.

For TFTP-server I think we can define commands for both firmwares. And in load select with files the phone is going to get.

I'm thinkin in the posibility to enter the load comand into ephone o something like that, but it just can be entered in telephony-service and voice-register global.

So you right.

Thank you

Best Regards

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content