cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Informacast not working for 9971 phones

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

I have a new CUCM 10.x cluster with an Informacast 8.5 paging server.  All of the phones are either 8945 (SCCP) or 9971 (SIP).  Paging works correctly to all of the 8945s, but the none of the 9971s receive the page.  I don't mean that they pick up but don't get the multicast audio.  They don't pick up at all, even ones on the same VLAN and switch as 8945s.  Is there something I have to do to SIP phones that I don't have to do to SCCP phones to get CTI control to have them pick up their speakerphone? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

Make sure web access is enabled on the phones.  Make sure that both the "URL Authentication" and "Secured Authentication URL" both point to InformaCast with the HTTP URL listed in InformaCast.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

Make sure web access is enabled on the phones.  Make sure that both the "URL Authentication" and "Secured Authentication URL" both point to InformaCast with the HTTP URL listed in InformaCast.

I had Web Access enabled on my 8945 phone template, but not on my 9971 template.  I thought I'd changed it on both, but apparently I was wrong. 

Thanks Brian,

Enabling web access resolved my issue as well.

Push to talk would work with my 9971s via informacast, however sending messages via informacast did not.  Enabling web access fixed it!!!

+5

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: