cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inhouse alarm system

afmmanicke
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking for a system that will make an emergency call without going to a service provider.   A couple requirements are:

* No ringback

* No inbound voice traffic - only outbound

I know I can just set up a phone with PLAR, but it really needs to be silent call.   It would be great if there was an automated message that said something like "This is a silent alarm not an abandoned call" which would hopefully keep the dispatcher from hanging.

The basic problem is as follows:

Dude goes crazy in the courtroom.

Judge presses panic button on desk.

Panic system calls a call center in Denver.

Call center employee gets the information for where the alarm was from.

Call center employee calls local dispatch.

This needs to be cleaned up somehow.   If I flowcharted this there would be a step in there that was something along the lines of "wait for 5 minutes before local dispatch was called."

Back to the serious stuff though...   We're running CUCM 7.0.2 and CUC 7.1.3 with 7962 model phones in the courtroom.   I'm really open to anything that might be available - SIP or analog.   We have a VG224, but we could use ATA's just as easy.

Thanks,

TONY

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Viking Electronics makes a variety of things that might work for you. http://www.vikingelectronics.com/products/search_cat_results.php?mycategory=6

For example the E-30 door phone with dialer.  You could adjust the speaker volume off (or cut the wires)  It has a built in autodialer that you could program to 911 or call center. and they would hear through the mic.  They have other models that seem more suitable for indoors, but require and additional autodialer module.

brandon

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am not sure how this can be done CM without additional products, so will leave the answer to others on this aspect.

But It is easy to do it on the PSTN, using a TCL script. That would required in turn H.232 or SIP to CM, because scripts use dial-peers.

In VG, you can set the ports individually, so its not a problem having the other ports in SCCP.

The script can announce whatever as desired in a programmatic way (suppose you have a LOT of rooms)

Other than that is just a switch interface to VG port.

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

I'm not really clear on your application here.  Are you looking for a silent alarm?  Most courtrooms have these, but they don't touch the phone system.

Can you clarify exactly what functionality you are looking for?

I am aware of a military grade emergency blast notification system here http://www.forum-com.com/militarysolutions.php but I don't think this is quite what you need.

Brandon

afmmanicke
Level 1
Level 1

Paolo and Brandon - thanks for the suggestions I'll add them to my considerations.

Just to clarify that the courtroom does already have a silent alarm.   The current problem is that system calls a call center in Denver which then relays the information back to the local 911 dispatchers.   When this happened a couple weeks ago they process took about 5 minutes from when the judge pressed the button and the initial call was made until dispatch was called.   I'm trying to remove the call center and their internal delays from the process. 

The end goal is a solution that would PLAR to 911, but the call needs to have no incoming sound on the calling party side.

A prerecorded message stating that it's a silent alarm would be great.   If nothing else the dispatcher will still receive the ANI/ALI information.   I could modify some of the ALI tags that dispatch receives.

Thanks again!

TONY

Just buy a relay circuit adapter (door buzz) interface and there will be no sound because it has no microphone and no speakerphone.

The announcement can be made in different ways I think.

Well, I think there are a few ways to accomplish this and not necessarily just through the phone system. 

Just out of curiosity, what type of court house is this?  I have been working at some federal courthouses recently and they are crawling with US Marshals.  I couldn't imagine a situation like you describe at these courthouses.

Brandon

afmmanicke
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

Paolo - I don't think the basic door relay will work since they would like to have have the dispatcher hear what's going on in the room once the alarm is triggered.  The microphone is the important part, but the speaker is what we could do without.

I'm currently looking into the prospects of an autodialer of some sort.   I'm mostly looking at at analog devices at this point. 

It's a county courthouse.   There were two jailers in the courtroom, but the guy was apparently quite a bit bigger.   I imagine a rewrite of the SOP will get done at some point too.

Thanks for the help along the process.

TONY

Viking Electronics makes a variety of things that might work for you. http://www.vikingelectronics.com/products/search_cat_results.php?mycategory=6

For example the E-30 door phone with dialer.  You could adjust the speaker volume off (or cut the wires)  It has a built in autodialer that you could program to 911 or call center. and they would hear through the mic.  They have other models that seem more suitable for indoors, but require and additional autodialer module.

brandon

Brandon,

Thanks for gettign me started in the right direction!   In addition to the e-30 I'm also going to look into the e-1600-50A.   This one allows for remote mounting of all the equipment (panic button, microphone, connected light.)   Also it will take care of the recorded message requirement.

Thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: