Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing a new numbering plan on an existing cluster

Just a quick question I am pretty sure I know the answer but I need to confirm with someone. We are deploying a site in another country and I am proposing we use a numbering plan for the Route Patterns. I am reading through the Dial Plan Deployment documentation and it is rather ambiguous about how to go about installing a new dial plan on an existing cluster. The excerpt below states "If you want to install the dial plan on a Cisco Unified CallManager cluster, launch the dial plan installable file on a subscriber server system."; that surely can?t be the whole story :).

What I think is that Dial Plan needs to be installed on all Subscribers and the Publisher and that they all need their CCM services restarted.

Any help would be appreciated.

Deployment Plan Excerpt:

Installing a Dial Plan on Cisco Unified CallManager

Use the following procedure to install a dial plan on a Cisco Unified CallManager system.

Step 1 Locate the dial plan that you want to install by accessing the following URL on CCO: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/IDP

Step 2 If you want to install the dial plan on a publisher server, launch the dial plan installable file on the publisher Cisco Unified CallManager system. If you want to install the dial plan on a Cisco Unified CallManager cluster, launch the dial plan installable file on a subscriber server system.

2 REPLIES

Re: Installing a new numbering plan on an existing cluster

Xris,

That was my understanding as well that you need to install it in all nodes and restart the service. I did an australian dial plan install and did it for both servers (Pub and Sub) and restarted the services. With the 4.2 dialplan deployment guides there definitely seems to be a change in the way things are done. (atleast from whats written on the documents).

Look at this document for 5.x. With the 5.x system, you need to install it on all nodes and restart service on all nodes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00806b12b7.html#wp1071415

Re: Installing a new numbering plan on an existing cluster

Hi Sankar,

Yeah it has all got a bit confusing in the guides. I am actually installing a New Zealand Dial plan for an Australian company with a NZ branch. Their system is 4.1 but the only document I can find refers to "4.2 and earlier"

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content