cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing CUCM 11.5 Critical Error

cristian.munoz
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys, I have a problem. When the intallation of CUCM finish an error occurr. error_server_2.JPG

I have the dump file, but I can´t to open :(

Please, help.

TIA

Cristian

3 Replies 3

Aeby Vinod
Level 3
Level 3

Looking at the install logs, the new sub you are installing is failing at the installing the DB component.

Further digging through the logs I see a lot of errors such as these.

08:16:08.329 |cert update for hostname: ANDROMEDA
08:16:08.333 |exec'ing: sudo /root/.security/ipsec/perform_ipsec_cert.sh --op=update --desthostName=ANDROMEDA --resultfile=/tmp/ipsecMonUpdateResult --newCert=/tmp/ipsecMonUpdateCert
08:16:09.778 |result = error
08:16:09.778 |readResultsFile failed hostname(ANDROMEDA)

Please check the following:

1)Port 8500 is unblocked between the pub and sub along with the other necessary porta to be open.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/11_5_1/sysConfig/CUCM_BK_SE5DAF88_00_cucm-system-configuration-guide-1151/CUCM_BK_SE5DAF88_00_cucm-system-configuration-guide-1151_chapter_01010100.pdf

2) Also highly possible that you are hitting the following bug:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvb00248

Symptom:
CUC/CUCM 11.5(1), 11.5(1)SU1, and all ES's from 11.5(1.11001-1) through 011.005(1.12013-1) inclusive, the subscriber installations fail when the Admin password is longer than 15 characters.

Conditions:
Upgrading CUC or CUCM to 11.5(1) or 11.5.1SU1, or any ES's from 11.5(1.11001-1) through 011.005(1.12013-1) inclusive, with Admin password longer than 15 characters.

Workaround:
Use passwords 15 characters or shorter.

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

Regards,
Aeby

Dear Aeby

Thank you for your help.

1)Port 8500 is unblocked between the pub and sub along with the other necessary porta to be open.

Answer: It is open. There are not firewall in this network.

2) Also highly possible that you are hitting the following bug:

Answer: The Admin password issue, do not apply . There are two Subscribers Nodes in the cluster and this is the third Subscriber node.

Adding, we are provisioning this third Subscriber node in a third-party server (HP Blade) . Too we have a Domain issue but If the installation does not use DNS, at the end of the installation it fails in the same way.

If your OS admin password has more than 15 characters can you reduce that to a password with <15 characters and without any special characters, only letters and numbers and try the install again, if you have done this already with no success please engage TAC.

Regards,
Aeby

Regards,
Aeby
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: