cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing device packs on cucm 6- has it changed?

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I recently uploaded a device pack on CUCM 6 to add a new phone type , I `ve done this before on 4.x and 5.x . On 4.x when you install the pack, you can instruct CUCM to install the new phone loads in to TFTP only but do not update the device defaults so you can manually control when you wish to update the phones, this was also the case on 5.x though it was not as obvious however on 6.x this seems to have disappeared. We have installed a device pack on two different CUCM 6.0 and on both occasions it updated all the phone loads in the device defaults without the option - has the process changed now or did I miss something ?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

6.x won't ask you for that, it will change firmware of device defaults if included in the DevPack

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

6.x won't ask you for that, it will change firmware of device defaults if included in the DevPack

HTH

java

HTH

java

So it is working as per , any idea why was it changed?

not really =(

probably has to do with the fact that now we're trying to lock down everything and give less options to avoid failures

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: