cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrated Mailbox Configuration

chris.damore
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone provide some configuration information for Integrated Mailbox Configuration for Unity???

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

I created the attached guide a while ago for my customers, hopefully it will be useful.

//Jorge

Thank you for the reply!

I have Unity up and running and integrated with CCM. I am wanting to set it up so when a user is created in CCM, it is also created in Unity.

The CallManager integrated mailbox utility allows the creation of Unity voicemail boxes (one at a time) from within the CallManager Administrator webpage. This saves valuable time when creating new mailboxes as the administrator is not required to access the Unity Administrator webpage. This process only allows the administrator to add single voicemail boxes and not modify or delete existing ones.

The following procedure must be performed to provide the required integration:

* Verify that the RIS Data Collector Service is running (on the CCM Publisher)

* Copy the Voicemailbox.asp file from the Unity server: CommServer\Cscoserv\Concerto\Ccmpages\Skate

* Paste the file to: C:\CiscoWebs\Admin on the CCM Publisher

* On the Unity server login with the UnityInstall account and run the following: CommServer\Cscoserv\Concerto\Setup.bat and follow the on-screen instructions

* Use the administrator account when prompted during the setup

* From the Unity services windows, restart the Tomcat service

To create a new voicemail box from within CallManager, use one of the following methods:

* User Method

o From the user configuration page

o Browse or add an existing user (new users must be associated with their new IP phone)

o Click the *Create Voice Mailbox* next to the primary extension

o Enter the administrator account information

o Enter the correct information in the pop-up Unity dialog (updates may be required for the alias (user-ID), First and Last Name

o Chose the appropriate Unity Subscriber Template for the user

o Click Insert and Close

* Directory Number Method

o Navigate to the User?s IP phone configuration and click on the correct line appearance

o Click on the *Create Voice Mailbox* link in the top left of the window

Assumes CCM 4.X, not sure how it works if at all with UCM 5.x and up.

Thank you for the very nice reply!!!

I am running CCM 5.1.2...... I just found out it won't work. :(

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: