Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrating a Copia Fax Server with Call Manager

Craigstar
Level 1
Level 1

Good Afternoon,

I have a quick question about setting up Call Manager (version 7.1.5.31900-3) to work with a Copia fax server. One of our deparments has purchased this solution from Copia and we need to get it working with our Call Manager. In speaking with the vendor, it sounds as if we just need to configure a SIP trunk which points to the IP address of the Copia server. What caught my interest is that he (the vendor) mentioned that he will test the connection using X-Lite, which is a softphone. My first question is: Can you test a SIP trunk with a soft phone like X-Lite? My second question is for anyone who has configured Call Manager to work with this software before: Do I just need a SIP trunk?

Thank you in advance. If I can get this figured out, I will post the solution myself.

2 Replies 2

boris.kudr
Level 1
Level 1

hi mate,

Yes, you can use X-Lite to test SIP Trunk.

Couple of limitations though:

1. You need to change SIP Trunk IP address to the IP address of PC running X-Lite (don't forget to reset the trunk after the change).

2. To make calls from X-Lite without SIP Proxy registration you should add URI @ into X-Lite address book.

3. X-Lite suports high bitrate codecs only, make sure they are allowed on the trunk.

I didn't work with Copia before. Check that both sides of fax call are use the same fax transport protocol settings (relay or passthrough).

Regards,

Boris

_____ Please rate helpful posts Пожалуйста оценивайте полезные сообщения

Outstanding! Thank you for the information. It threw me off a little. I will post the what I find out about the Copia server here for posterity.

*Edit: Spelling*

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: