Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating H.323 gateways with CUCM 8.5

Hello  guys!

Im in the phase of integrating a CUCM 8.5 with a H323 Voice Gateway (CISCO2921-V/K9). The Cisco 2921 will be connected through interface Gi0/1 to the CUCM 8.5 and through interface Gi0/0 to the PSTN Service Provider. There will be only this voice gateway for incoming and outgoing calls from and to the PSTN. I have already configured the Device H323 Gateway in the CUCM and a couple of Route Patterns fro local calls. My questions are the following:

1. Which are the next steps necessary for the integration?   Since there is only one H323 gateway, do I need to configure a Route Group and Route List.

2. When I tried to configured the Route group in the CUCM 8.5, there is no device available to be included even thou I already configured the H323 gateway in the Devices for the CUCM 8.5

Thanks a lot guys, Im new to VoIP so Im in the learning process.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Integrating H.323 gateways with CUCM 8.5

Nephtali,

Here you go with answers..

1. Which are the next steps necessary for the integration? Since there is only one H323 gateway, do I need to configure a Route Group and Route List.

Ans : Indeed not required if it's going to be the only gateway.

2. When I tried to configured the Route group in the CUCM 8.5, there is no device available to be included even thou I already configured the H323 gateway in the Devices for the CUCM 8.5

Ans : Are you able to make/receive calls through that H.323 gateway ? Could you post the running config of gateway router ?

or please confirm if you have this command ( h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr ip_address ) configured under interface Gi0/0 ?

Refer http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_IOS_Voice_Troubleshooting_and_Monitoring_--_H.323_Gateway_Troubleshooting#Binding_the_H.323_Signaling_to_a_Specific_IP_Address

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts by clicking on stars below the post !!

integerating CUCM with h323 gateway:

- add the gateway on the cucm

- define route pattern and forward them to the configured gateway

- on h323 gateway just configure the dial-peers of required route patterns which were defined in CUCM earlier.

- define a dial-peer to route incoming calls to CUCM

test outgoing and incoming calls.

you can can furthur restrict / allow calling priviligies per users by configure Class of Control via partitions and CSS.

HTH

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Nephtali,

Here you go with answers..

1. Which are the next steps necessary for the integration? Since there is only one H323 gateway, do I need to configure a Route Group and Route List.

Ans : Indeed not required if it's going to be the only gateway.

Ans : Are you able to make/receive calls through that H.323 gateway ? Could you post the running config of gateway router ?

or please confirm if you have this command ( h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr ip_address ) configured under interface Gi0/0 ?

Refer http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_IOS_Voice_Troubleshooting_and_Monitoring_--_H.323_Gateway_Troubleshooting#Binding_the_H.323_Signaling_to_a_Specific_IP_Address

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts by clicking on stars below the post !!

integerating CUCM with h323 gateway:

- add the gateway on the cucm

- define route pattern and forward them to the configured gateway

- on h323 gateway just configure the dial-peers of required route patterns which were defined in CUCM earlier.

- define a dial-peer to route incoming calls to CUCM

test outgoing and incoming calls.

you can can furthur restrict / allow calling priviligies per users by configure Class of Control via partitions and CSS.

HTH

Thanks for the help. I think this is the way to go in this case. Thanks again.

Thanks for the reply and information. Which is the command to generate a call for the Voice gateway? Thanks again.

VIP Super Bronze

Nephtali,

Just for furture purposes, the reason why you do not see a gateway to assign to the Route Group is beacuse you have already assigned the gateway to the Route Pattern. So if you want to assign a gateway to a Route group, then you cant assign it to a route pattern

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

Excellent! Thanks a lot for the information.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content