Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrating OCS Mediation Server with U.C. 6

demoschairos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I faced some issue related in integrating the UC with OCS Mediation Server.

The topology is like below;

CIPC <==> UC <==> SIP TRUNK <==> MEDIATION <==> OCS <==> SIP Phone

Are there any idea to make the call from the SIP Phone to CIPC can communicate

Thx a lot for the input.

Regards,

Suryanto

6 Replies 6

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It should work fine between CUPS and OCS through the SIP trunk. You need to make sure you have the correct Route Patterns in place for the SIP trunks to work correctly. On the OCS side, you need to configure Enterprise (I think it's called this) dialing rules to push patterns through to the SIP endpoint. (CUPS or CUCM) Also vice version... how will an Cisco IP phone "know" where OCS is unless you have a SIP trunk and Route Pattern.

Right? let me know if this make sense

Hi Thx for the information.

However is it mandatory to have CUPS to make this done. I try using SIP Trunk without CUPS.

The call only can happen one way from OCS phone to CIPC after that the CIPC is hanged.

However how about if I use IPIPGW

Thx,

Suryanto

CUPS is only used for OCS to use Remote Call Control for the Cisco IP phones and IM messages. If you want to make calls between the products, you will need to use a SIP trunk between the Mediation Server and a Cisco gateway or CUCM for this work. It's a little flakey and takes quite a bit of tweaking.

The problem with Mediation is that they use the "+" e164 number. So you have to strip the + out of the number when it sends it over to CUCM or not use this format at all on the OCS side. You can use voice translations at the voice gateway when it receives the SIP invite from the Mediation server. After after the "+" is stripped, send it to CUCM via h323 or SIP. But you will need to have a trunk configured for CUCM back to the gateway (for return traffic)

There should be more information coming out in the 6 months of a direct connect to CUCM from Mediation. But for now, you can go through the Voice Gateway, then to CUCM. There are some other posts on the configurations and also at the Microsoft forums.

Can I use CUPS that is included in CUCM 6 or should use dedicated CUPS for connect to the OCS.

Thx,

Suryanto

You can use the CUPS on the CUCM 6.x server if the license for it.

Does the license same with the default 50 Unit DLU that comes with the CUCM 6.0

Thx,

Suryanto

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: