Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Inter-Cluster "Locations" Calculations

We have three CUCM 8.5 clusters globally, connected via an MPLS network. The North American cluster has a SIP trunk to Polycom DMA- both the North American CUCM cluster and Polycom DMA cluster is within the same data center. I have a SIP trunk between the NA CUCM and DMA so audio calls from CUCM can join conferences within the Polycom world, and have a route pattern in NA CUCM pointed to DMA. 

For redundancy/effeciency pusposes, the EMEA and APAC CUCM clusters should also have route patterns/trunks pointing directly to the DMA in North America. However, my concern is that while those local cluster may be able to calculate BW consumption correctly to North America (because they'll define their SIP trunks to be in the "North America" location), since it doesn't traverse through the NA CUCM, the NA 
"Locations" BW caculation will not show an accurate portrayal of calls active to those remote clusters (or amount of voice BW being consumed on our local MPLS access circuit). Therefore, my preference is to have the remote cluster point their DMA route pattern over our Intercluster Trunks, so WAN BW calculations are correct.

My question is: There is no LOCATIONS "Information sharing" between clusters in CUCM 9.1 (target version), so that EMEA cluster would notify N.A. CUCM cluster that he is utilizing his "NA Locations" for calls (going directly to Polycom DMA), and not going through the NA CUCM cluster, so NA CUCM cluster includes that in his Call Admission Control? I'm comfortable with that not existing in CUCM 8.5, but I know there are Locations/CAC enhancements in 9.1 which I'm not too familiar with.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

There is definitely location

There is definitely location sharing between clusters in 9.1 using enhanced CAC.

Please refer to the SRND here

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab09/clb09/cac.html#pgfId-1593372

A snapshot is posted here..

Location Bandwidth Manager

The Location Bandwidth Manager (LBM) is a Unified CM Feature Service managed from the serviceability web pages and responsible for all of the Enhanced Location CAC bandwidth functions. The LBM can run on any Unified CM subscriber or as a standalone service on a dedicated Unified CM server in the cluster. A minimum of one instance of LBM must run in each cluster to enable Enhanced Location CAC in the cluster. The LBM performs the following functions:

• Locations and links path assembly
  • Bandwidth calculations over the effective paths in the assembly
  • Servicing bandwidth requests from the Cisco CallManager service (Unified CM call control)
  • Replication of bandwidth information to other LBMs within the cluster and between clusters when intercluster Enhanced Location CAC is enabled
  • Providing configured and dynamic information to serviceability
  • Updating Location Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT) counters
  • Using Extensible Markup Language (XML) over TCP for communication to/from the Cisco CallManager service as well as between LBMs
Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

Thank you for the input. Mike

Thank you for the input.

Mike.

Views
Helpful
Replies