Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Inter Cluster Trunk - E164 Plus (+)

Hi,

I have calls coming into my cluster in E164 format, whilst retaining 7 digit internal extension numbers. I have two clusters setup using a non-Gatekeeper controlled inter cluster trunk, the issue I have is the + not being sent across the ICT, for example:

• Inbound call to 5006000 from PSTN, displays as +44141123456
  • 5006000 selects transfer and calls 4006000, displays as from 5006000 (consultative transfer)
  • 5006000 completes transfer, the display on 4006000 updates to show the call as from 44141123456 (no leading +)

Looking at the logs on the 4006000 cluster the + does not appear, so assume its not supported across the ICT, so my question is how can I re-insert the +, I have tried to do this using the Incoming Calling Party transformation on the Trunk however I can't get this working to update the originally calling party number (44141123456), I can only seem to modify the calling party initiating the call across the ICT (5006000)

Everyone's tags (3)
5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

What versions of CUCM are you using?

SIP is Cisco's recommaded integration method on recent versions, is that not an option for you?

HTH,

Chris

i think the h323/ict removing the + of the redirected call

as Chris sugested can you try SIP instead !

no sure in call manager if you can add the + to the redirected number you might need a CUBE in between with translation pattern to prepend the + to the redirected number

again this is just assumption its better to test

HTH

Community Member

DId you ever figure this out?  Running into a similar issue now.

Silver

This is a limitation of H323 which is what is used for ICTs.  You have to use SIP or add the + back via calling/called party transformations.

Thanks,

Brian

Community Member

Re:Inter Cluster Trunk - E164 Plus (+)

i would suggest to use sip trunk where we can use incomng transformation CSS to insert + sign on ANI.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content