Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Employee

Interactive Voice Network Configuration & Troubleshooting

Dear Forum Users,

The following set of Interactive documentation has been posted on the cisco.com/support website:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00807f54aa.shtml

You'll notice that this is an interactive diagram that you can use to get to the desired configs. Although this is currently based on 4.1(3), future updates will include current CallManager versions and other products. The idea is to help online users navigate quickly to the right config and be able to learn interdependencies of parameters across products. It uses plenty of screen shots and step by step configuartions. Your feedback is very important to us so please feel free to submit your feedback using the feedback form on the doc. I'm also interested in hearing your feedback on this forum.

Regards

Rami Kandah

9 REPLIES

Re: Interactive Voice Network Configuration & Troubleshooting

Rami,

Hats off to Cisco for providing such a wonderful document. I am sure this will help a lot of users who are getting started with implementing IPT.

A few suggestions i have..

a. It would be nice when you click on a component in the diagram to open the configs in the same page, rather than having to open 10 different windows.

b. You already have mentioned this, but it would be very nice to have CM 5.x information along with products like Unity Connection, IPCC Express etc.

c. Currently the diagram has only NM16ESW whose configuration is a lot different than most of the enterprise class switches such as 3750, 3550, 4500, 6500 etc. It would be nice to have sample configs (inlcuding qos) for these switches. Currently I do have a template that i have made myself out of QOS SRND guide. NM-16ESW is not a very common switch module that you see out there in the field.

d. It would be nice to include H323 gateway configurations along with MGCP.

Regardless, the document is great, I look forward to other product configurations to appear in the same format.

Sankar.

Cisco Employee

Thanks very much for the feedback Sankar. I'm glad to hear you like it.

I also agree with all your comments. Since this can be treated as a modular setup, you can potentially include other switches and products such as UC, CCME. IPCC etc...we wanted to get this out quickly first to get feedback before we widen the scope.

Thanks

Rami

Forgot to rate the post. Here is it for a great document.

Sankar.

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Rami,

Thought that I should take a moment to pass along my Thanks as well :) I have only taken a brief tour, but it really seems great! Something like this is very helpful and probably could have saved me many grey hairs over the last few years. Very worthy of my 5 points as well.

Thanks again,

Rob

The thing that Cisco documentation has lacked in the past has been the "why or how" would I use this feature. You have done a much better job of addressing these items. I appreciate the conversational approach. Very good!

Silver

Great Idea.

Although it would be much better having this as an "open source project", where everyone from netpro can contribute, thinking here about IPCC Enterprise, IPCCX,IVRs,3d party VoIP solution...etc.

A lot of experienced people here would contribute, so Cisco would just have to manage the project.

Okay this was a day dream, however good job Cisco ;-)

Karzazi

Cisco Employee

Hi Karzazi,

You bring up a very interesting idea.

So we could potentially come up with an enhanced version of this with more products. Specify requirements needed and let Netpro users share their configs. We'll end up with different ways to arrive at the same requirement which is a good thing. The challenge however, is to make sure it all works together since it'll be an amalgamation of configs from various sources

Regards

Rami

Rami,

I think we need to keep this post at the top of all threads to gain more attention from users.

Cisco Employee

Thanks for the suggestion Sankar.

I'll look into it. We're also looking at highlighting these docs on the Support site as well as in the TAC newsletter which will go out in May to serveral hundred thousand users

Regards

Rami

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content