Views
Helpful
Replies

Intercluster Trunk between CCM7.1 and CCM3.3

clark.adam.p
Level 1
Level 1

HI all,

I was wondering if anyone has had any success with doing ICTs between these two call manager versions?

I have a customer that is looking to make the big transition and they are looking to have a test group on the new version.

I was looking to use call forward unregistered on the legacy system over an ICT.

Regards

Adam

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You shouldn't have any problem doing that, the ICT protocol uses H323 and it's backward compatible so you don't need anything special for this.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I did exactly this for a customer last year. I used non-gatekeeper controlled trunks and it worked without any problems.

CCM3.3 does not support Call Forward Unregistered though so you willhave to rethink that part (Forward All, Forward Busy and Forward No Answer are supported)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/3_3_4/ccmcfg/b06phone.html#wp1121134

What I did was:

1. Create a route pattern of 2XXX (DN's were in the range 2000 to 2999) on CM3.3 pointing to the trunk to CUCM7.1
  2. Create an isolation partition on CCM3.3 which was not in any CSS's
  3. To migrate a CCM3.3 phone I would move its DN from Internal_PT to Isolation_PT which causes the dialled digits to match the route pattern created in step 1.

The migration went smoothly - it was interesting to be reminded how simple CCM3.3 was compared to recent versions of CUCM.

Here is a useful document on the DP / CM Group / Remote Servers associated with the ICT on both clusters :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/trunks.html#wp1044701

- Sriram

Another thing that I always suggest to customers is to ensure that the 'incoming CSS' of the ICT on each cluster doesn't have access to the partition of the Route Pattern to the ICT. This way, there is no chance of a call loop across the ICT between the clusters, preventing code yellow situations on the CCM servers.

- Sriram

Great ideas.

Thanks for that.  Will have to investigate further

Adam

That is good news.  I remember having an issue with an ICT between 3.3 and an early version of 5.

Lets hope that was a bug just in that code.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: