cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intercluster Trunk (Non-Gatekeeper Controlled) Alternative Routing when VPN is down

Hello Community,

I have "inter-connected" via ICT 2 Groups of CUCM v8.5 on different locations (countries). The 2 sites communicate via 4-digits extensions and Toll-Bypass routing is also implemented so that non-office calls to the other country are rooted via the remote voice-gateway.

In order to implement the latter, I have created first the intercluster trunk between the servers (2 on each group) and then I have created a route Pattern (000.91! for example calls to India) on which I have set as Gateway/Route List the corresponding Intercluster Trunk. This works just fine.

My question is if there is any way to create a second path for International Calls, so when the intercluster Trunk is "down" (the IP of the remote Publisher and Subscriber are not reachable from the local site) to route the International calls to via the local gateway (PRI)?

Thanks in advance,

George

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure, use Local Route Group feature and add local route group as the second route group in the route list used by this route pattern.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris,

However, in the Route Pattern I currently use as a Route List the Intercluster Trunk (Atlanta_Intercluster_Trunk see below).

It is not so cleer to me how I should the Local Route Group feature in this case, so that when for example the VPN to remote destination (Atlanta) is down, the above route pattern will be routed via the local ISDN PRI (mgcp gateway) and not fail.

I am sure I am missing something,..

Modify your ICT Route List to have second route group "local route group" listed as the secondary route group with appropriate digit manipulation.

Then under each remote site's DP define local route groups (local PSTN GW).

Chris

Thanks Chris,

It looks like I need to do some configuration changes, since I have not configured any RouteList for the ICT, I have rather assigned directly the ICT as a Gateway/Route List on the Route Pattern.

Once more your guidelines are helpful to me.

George

Local Route group would allow you to to re-route the call out of local GW (assuming there are multiple locations) rather than sending the call out of one site.  If sending the calls out of one central site is acceptable when the ICT is not available then all you need to do is put that site's Route Group as the secondary route group in the RL.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: