Views
Helpful
Replies

Intercom Configuration 7965 Cisco Ip Phone

Caballero1uno
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All -
We have Cisco IP Phones 7965 and would like to configure  one of the button to do an intercom call to one specific person. The  user would click on this assigned-intercom button and auto-dial the  assistant. The person initiating the intercom would of course be on  speakerphone. I'm not sure whether this can be done on the phone itself (settings button) or if it needs to be enabled on some type of Cisco manager console.  On this link: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7965g_7945g/7_0/english/user/guide/65enug70.pdf
Page 37.

After some research found out that: On the assistants phone create a new line with a DN of xxxx and put it  on one of the free buttons on the phone. on the line itself configure it to AutoAnswer. On the managers phone create a speed dial button for DN xxxx. When the manager presses the xxxx speed dial, it will automatically open the speaker on the asst phone and they can talk. Unless the assistant is already on a call, then the phone will not auto

answer, it will only ring.

Is this done via the Cisco Unified CM User Options site  that the  user has access to or on the phone itself? I think I know how to create a  speed dial on a phone itself. The Cisco Unified CM User Options site has an options for  Device>Lines but no option ro create a new line.
I understand there's an  admin console that the IT administrator may have access to. Thanks .

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Intercom configuration needs to be done from CCMAdmin, this is not something that can be configured via the CCMUser page.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate