Views
Helpful
Replies

Intercom Speed dial?

Asad Raza
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if it's possible to set up a speed dial to an intercom line instead of having to dial the DN in CUCM 8.x? If so, how would this be configured? Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes configure a Speed Dial to the number, but take a look on the documentation will help you!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmfeat/fsintrcm.html#wp1050262

Intercom, a new type of phone line, combines the  functionality of a traditional line and a speed dial. With an intercom  line, a user can call the intercom line of another user, which  auto-answers to one-way audio Whisper. The recipient can then  acknowledge the Whispered call and initiate a two-way intercom call.

When you configure the Intercom you already configure the speed dial!

Thanks

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

Sorry i dont understand your question?

You need an speedial to an intercom

Thanks!

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Hello Leonardotadeu,

Yes, that is what I'm trying to accomplish. The default behavior is that I have to dial the complete DN (e.g. 3001) to be able to reach the other phone. Instead of having to dial all the digits, can we configure a speed dial on a LINE button so that with the push of a button, the intercom line is reachable?

Thank you!

Yes configure a Speed Dial to the number, but take a look on the documentation will help you!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmfeat/fsintrcm.html#wp1050262

Intercom, a new type of phone line, combines the  functionality of a traditional line and a speed dial. With an intercom  line, a user can call the intercom line of another user, which  auto-answers to one-way audio Whisper. The recipient can then  acknowledge the Whispered call and initiate a two-way intercom call.

When you configure the Intercom you already configure the speed dial!

Thanks

Regards
Leonardo Santana

You're right, it is possible to create a speed dial, but neither this document, nor the administration guide shows how to configure a "target" for the intercom. Any idea where I would configure a target number so that I wouldn't have to manually dial this number each time? The problem is, if I were to configure a regular speed dial, I cannot assign a CSS that contains the intercom partition because all intercom css and partitions only appear to intercom DNs, and not regular DNs (a regular speed dial would have to be configured as a regular DN). Thanks again!

Put the intercom partition on your css line, because the Speed dial uses the css of the line.

Thanks

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Hi,

I just realized that it was as simple as configuring the target DN in the "speed dial" field under the intercom settings. Thanks for your help!