Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Interesting Speeddial feature ????

Dear Friends

I have a customer who is running CUCM 7.1(2). They had an OLD PABX which supported an intereting fetaure. Caller A can call Caller B through direct extension dialing eg . Ext. A with number 1000 can call Ext. B with number 1002 by directly dialing the digits "1002" . If the Extn. B is not available , then  Extn. A can call "#1002", then the Mobile Number of Extn.B will be dialed instead of his Extn 1002. More interestingly , Caller A can use any phones in the PABX system dialing "#1002" to reach the second person .

Do anybody know , How we can configure the same fuctionality in CUCM 7.1(2). How such a pattern can be created? . Is it possible through any RP, TP or Application Dialing rules , Speed Dial fuctions or any combinations ???..

Your Support is highly appreciated ..

Best Regards

Raj

2 Replies 2

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You could use a translation pattern for this but it's not very scalable as you would need a 1x1 ratio of translations to mobile numbers.  Personally, I would probably move away from emulating this behavior.  Instead, why don't you leverage the Mobility / Mobile Connect feature in CUCM?  The user would dial 1000 and ring the user's desk at 1000.  Based on how you set it up, you could either have the user's cell phone ring simultaneously or apply a short delay before ringing the mobile device.  You also give the called party the added ability to transfer out to cell phone from desk phone or vice versa via the Mobility softkey.

Hailey

Thanks David

Good suggestion . I'll work on it and will let you know the feedback . Meanwhile , If anything strikes in your mind which is more inetresting , please do post the same

Many Thanks

Raj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: