Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intermittent DN Internal Mask

CM 4.2.3 SR4b

I'm using the external phone number mask setting on the DN configuration of a particular phone, and I've ensured that on my route patterns Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask is enabled.

I have an IP phone range with extension range 2000-4000 route pattern [2-4]xxx which has use external phone number mask enabled yet when dialing these numbers it still displays my actual DN number.

However if I add a more detailed route pattern 450X and use the same options then it correctly displayed the masked number if I say dial extension 4501

I can't see a clash in my route patterns so I'm wondering why it doesn't work with the more generic [2-4]xxx route pattern.

Nick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

OK, not sure if I'm getting this right.

Internal DNs: 2000-4000

route pattern [2-4]xxx

"However if I add a more detailed route pattern 450X and use the same  options then it correctly displayed the masked number if I say dial  extension 4501"

Are you calling the PSTN? Thru an ICT?

If you're calling from one IP Phone to another within your same cluster you don't need route pattterns, you need to do this in a translation pattern

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

OK, not sure if I'm getting this right.

Internal DNs: 2000-4000

route pattern [2-4]xxx

"However if I add a more detailed route pattern 450X and use the same  options then it correctly displayed the masked number if I say dial  extension 4501"

Are you calling the PSTN? Thru an ICT?

If you're calling from one IP Phone to another within your same cluster you don't need route pattterns, you need to do this in a translation pattern

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the pointers Java. I arranged out route patterns and then started using translation patterns as advised.

Thanks, Nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: