cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internal and external calls

chris.damore
Level 1
Level 1

How can you make calls transferred from an IPCC call center appear to be an outside call? I would like to do this because when an external call is transferred to a certain extension, I want the call to be sent back to the call center if it isn?t picked up. But, if an internal extension calls this extension, I don?t want this call being sent to the call center if it isn?t answered.

I have configured Call Forward No Answer External, but this feature isn?t working the way I thought it would. The system is seeing all calls transferred from IPCC as an internal call.

CallManager 4.1(3) and MGCP gateway.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

3 Replies 3

Zin.Karzazi
Level 5
Level 5

Your question is not clear. What do you want to achieve? FONA to IPCC if an external Call goes directly to an Agent Extention? if so then CFNA External on the Callmanager Configuration page is where you can do it. If i misunderstood your question, please clarify.

External call is answered by call agent in call center. Call Center agent transfers this call to someone internal. If this internal person doesn?t answer, we want the call to be routed back to the call center. If an internal personal calls this person and they don?t answer, we don?t want the call to be sent back to the call center.

We have configured CFNA external to point back to the call center. This doesn?t work. The system is seeing the calls transferred from the call center agent as internal.

How can I fix this?

Ok, now i understand what you mean.

The problem is, as soon as the CC Agent dial another Agent Extesion, you are out of IPCC. what you can do is include those People who dont use IPCC in a hunt group and your CC Agents will forwad Calls if necessary to the PP of that hunt group, or use shared lines (1st line is for internal use, 2 is for IPCC which CFNA to the CTI-RP of your hotline).

HTH