Views
Helpful
Replies

Internal telephony error 58

Amit Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Some of our user are using Genesys desktop to receive calls from free numbers.  They have cisco softphone but most of the time the Genesys application are unable to login and gives an error "Internal telephone error [58]. The problem is resolved temporarily when we re-add the user's number in controlled device in CUCM under pgenesys and ask the user to restart the genesys application but we need a permanent solution for this. We checked with Genesys too but they said the problem is from voip end. Can anyone advice what could fix the issue.

Version - CUCM 7.1.3.

Regards,

Amit

4 Replies 4

Paul Heilmeier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Amit,

looooooooong time ago your post.

Can only acknowled your issue, with CUCM 8.6.2a(SU2)

We are using EM & CIPC 8.6.3.0, and sometime (but really really rare) the user get the message "out of service 58".

If the same EM use a other device it works. only solution, delete Device add Device again (same CIPC name) and it works.

I can't figure out what happens, seems an  CUCM DB-CTI-Device Issue.

Regards

Paul

mark_fox
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Amit,

Was there ever a resolution to this issue?  I'm currently having a similar issue running CUCM 8.6.2.

Thank you,

Mark

Unfortunately not...

i opend an SR, the result of the BU was "it isn't an Cisco fault, maybe the CTI Application stores a wronge IP Adress in the cache and doesn't release them, also not after an update".

An restart of the CTI Service on the CUCM could help, but we won't to try it, cause it is an productiv system, and our workaround was to delete and reinsert the affected device.

Regards

Paul

mark_fox
Level 1
Level 1

Did you also engage a Genesys resource?  I've restarted the CTI Manager service and I'm still seeing the same results.  My current fix is to un-associate and re-associate the CIPC from the application user.  Not a great fix.

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: