Views
Helpful
Replies

International FAX Not Going!!

khanfawaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have a problem in which the international fax is not going. The local and std fax is going without any problem. The fax machine is connected to VG202 gateway. We have a H323 gateway and CUCM 8.5. I attached an analog phone to the fax port and tried calling an international number and the call is going without any problem. When I try to send an international fax, it gives me an error message saying "the call cannot be completed as dialed". I checked the css and partition in cucm and it is correct. This is the fresh installation and this is the first time we are sending an international fax.

I have attached the voice gateway, vg202, debug outputs of debug vtsp all and debug voice ccapi inout outputs.

For debug commands the dialled number is 0016786246950.

Thanks in advance.

23 Replies 23

Hi aokanlawon,

Yes the calling number is 30666 and the called number is 0016786246950. Yes, 30666 is the extension of my fax machine.

In my next posts I have pasted the debug outputs of debug isdn q931.

Ok, send debug isdn q931 for both succesful phone call and failed fax call.

Please rate all useful posts

khanfawaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have attached debug isdn q931 for both successful international call and failed international fax. For international call the called number is 0097339583068 and calling number is 30666.

For failed international fax the called number is 0016786246950 and calling number is 30666.

Ok I have looked at both logs and everything looks similar. The succesfull call lasted for 34s and the failed call for 17s. Did you end the succesful call?  (Thet race showed that it was diconnected from the far end.

..May 18 11:07:24.389: ISDN Se0/1/1:15 Q931: RX <- DISCONNECT pd = 8  callref = 0x8288

This is also similar to the fax call..It was disconnected from the other side..

Can you try and dial the failed fax number from another phone on your network. Can you also try and dial the succesful call from the fax machine?

khanfawaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The successful call was diconnected by me. I have attached the debug for failed fax number. Here the calling number is 30431 and called number is 0016786246950. Now when I call the fax number from another number (30431), I hear a fax tone and the call gets disconnected. Today I do not know the status of that remote fax machine. I have already send the debug for succesful call from fax machine.               

Ok, so we cant say we have a fax problem when the telephone-call needed for the fax call cant be established. What we have is a phone call problem. Is there another international fax that you can try? You need to try another fax to isolate what the problem is

I dialled that fax from my mobile phone and I get a fax tone and it stays up for atleast 32s. So it looks like that fax is working okay..

Hi,

Just now I was able to send a international fax to another number 0015126022451. I beleive there is an issue with the remote fax which has the number 0016786246950..

Ok so there you go. You have finally see that you do not have a problem, its the other fax or a compartibility issue between that fax and your end. So glad we made some head way. Please dont forget to rate useful posts

Hi aokanlawon,

Thanks for being extremely helpful.

@ chris: Thanks for you too.