cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

International outbound failover

david-mcmillan
Level 1
Level 1

I've inherited system that has 3 sites, 2 in the US and one in the UK.  I need to setup some failover in case the voice ciruit in the UK goes down, but I'm unsure on how to do it really.  My main concern is I don't want it dialing internationally unless there is a failover situation due to the high cost of international calls.  The sites are all using SIP trunking, and I'm on CUCM 8.5.1.

So my thoughts are this, if someone could just confirm or steer me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.  If I create a seperate partition with the international call routes on them, and put them on the UK CSS at the bottom, would that work?  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

David,

This is pretty straight forward, simply add the US Route Group that points to US SIP trunk into UK Route List and perform digit manupulation there, i.e. prefix 001.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

David,

This is pretty straight forward, simply add the US Route Group that points to US SIP trunk into UK Route List and perform digit manupulation there, i.e. prefix 001.

HTH,

Chris

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, that won't work. Detailed explanation of how CSS/partitions work is in the dial plan chapter of the SRND if you're interested.

You do such thing via route groups and route lists.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Ah thanks for the help.  I haven't played with route lists or groups so this will take some planning.  There's plenty of route lists and groups already setup but they all look like they are setup for the old PRIs they used to have here and all the route patterns are tied to the SIP trunks directly.