Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Voice Call

I hope you can help me.

I have a client who want to send me voice call through the internet. I have internet connection through a Cisco 2811 as PBX.

How can I terminate this voice calls without a PTSN connection?

I appreciate you help

Thank you

James Mwangi

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Internet Voice Call

Assuming you mean you want to reach PSTN over a pure IP environment you would need to start by reaching a telco who offers SIP trunks on your region.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Re: Internet Voice Call

Thank you for the response. I do not have access to PSTN and it’s not accessible therefore I can not reach any telco.

I have internet assess and I am using my cisco router 2811 as a PBX. I would like to terminate calls (to my mobile phone) sent to this router IP through the internet.

Thank you

James

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Internet Voice Call

James,

That is not doable without connection to PSTN via either digital trunk connection (i.e. PRI circuit), analog trunk (i.e. FXO connection) or IP connection (i.e. SIP trunk).  For either of these you need to connect it to provider. Seems like you are looking potentially at SIP connection, there are some residential service providers out there i.e. Broadvoice, I know some people that were able to get connections to Skype, etc.  I suggest you search this forum and Internet for SIP trunk offerings that can meet your needs.

HTH,

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content