Views
Helpful
Replies

Interoffice Calls

olivier.bedard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have 2 offices with each a CallManager Express + Cisco Unity Express setup.

One office is using 24... for extensions and the other office is using 37...

We have a dial-peer in place which allows both offices to call each others. This works very well.

However, I would like to be able to do the same thing from the auto-attendant. When someone calls 555-555-1234, which would be our office phone number, I'd like this person to be able to dial an extension number from the remote office, vice-versa.

Is this possible ? If so... how ?

Thanks !

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you tried with CUE AA ?

If you have problems with that, try B-ACD/AA that should work. Remember to set maximu digits for dial by extension else you can be subject to too fraud:

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/bacd/configuration/guide/40bacd.html

You can also have both CUE's AA and B-ACD/AA, that is useful in some cases:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_configuration_example09186a0080566c4a.shtml

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi!

Well, actually, it works, which I guess mean the AA is correct...?

To make it works, I have to do the following:

username test.one create

username test.one phonenumber "37999"

So I don't receive an "unknown extension" when I dial the number through the Auto Attendant.

Is this a normal behavior ? Is there a way to automatically forward extensions starting with 37... to the other router, or I'll need to add every remote extensions in my local Cisco Unity Express?

Thanks again.

Yes I believe you need to create all the users but that is not necessarily bad as they would need to be created for voicemail anyway.

Using B-ACD/AA dial-by-extnesion, there's no need to created users individually.

Hi,

We have Cisco Unity Express in every offices, so we don't need voice mailbox for every users on one CUE.

I'll check this B-ACD thing. Thanks.