Views
Helpful
Replies

Introducing broadcast hunt-group service for CME

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello,

Due to popular demand I wrote this script for the purpose of ringing simultaneously more than one ephone without using shared lines. Like the broadcast hunt-group available for SIP phones, or in CCM.

I haven't tested it completely, currently it works only when all the destinations are SCCP phones, although the objective is to allow mix and match of SCCP phones, SIP phones, pots DPs, etc.

The script can now be acquired at ciscoscripts.com

9 Replies 9

mreeve
Level 1
Level 1

HI Paolo

I'm attempting to take advantage of your broadcast script you have produced. I'm having a few problems not getting the calls to broadcast. At the moment I'm just playing around with it on a standalone CME with 4 stand 7941 phones. I have used the following config and also shown the output:

application

service bcast flash:bcast.tcl

Jan 4 10:45:47.139: //-1//HIFS:/hifs_ifs_cb: hifs ifs file read succeeded. size=5571, url=flash:bcast.tcl

Jan 4 10:45:47.139: //-1//HIFS:/hifs_free_idata: hifs_free_idata: 0x457E9518

Jan 4 10:45:47.139: //-1//HIFS:/hifs_hold_idata: hifs_hold_idata: 0x457E9518

param destinations 201,202

Warning: parameter destinations has not been registered under bcast namespace

I have then used:

dial-peer voice 100 pots

description broadcast hunt-group

service bcast

incoming called-number 555

failing call flow:

7941(1) - > 555 -> CME-> Broadcast (phone2,Phone3)

When I try to dial 555 from one of the phones it just comes up with number unknown and fails to broadcast. I am also running with cme 3.3 but can upgrade if needed. Also I have no analogue lines just pure VOIP at the moment. I think its some thing to do with the dial-peer?

Thanks Paolo the problem was with the loopback dial peer. I wasnt using a loopback address:(. It now seems to work pretty well, Thanks.

You welcome Matthew. Please remember to rate useful posts using the scrollbox below!

Hello, I want to test this script as well I was wondering what you ment by a loopback dial peer? Thanks.

Because tcl/ivr scripts can be activated on incoming DPs only, if you want the service to be accessible from internal phones, you need the call to go out via voip and come back into the router, that is a loopback DP.

If you don't need that, a pots incoming DP is enough.

can you give me an example config of a loopback DP? Thanks!

Download any of the scripts that I wrote and there are examples in it.

Paolo,

I've done quite a bit of testing with this script in my lab...thank you very much for this script.

I'm interested in hearing if you have any ideas on how to handle ring no answer. That is, provide an extension to transfer to (voicemail) if no one answers the phone.

Also, can you forsee a way to extend the amount of time the hunt occurs?

Thanks again!

faiqmahdi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Paolo

The tcl script is not available you provided.  Can you please upload it again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: