cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Introducing camp-on for CME (and perhaps CCM)

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is another utility that should add a nice touch to your CME installations, especially for customers used to sophisticated legacy PBX features.

Camp-on service is a TCL/IVR script that handles calls to busy extensions. Caller will hear an announcement and music on hold. Once the extension is free again, it will be forwarded the waiting call.

All the indications on how to use are in the script itself. I would like to have your feedback, either in this thread or writing to the address given in my profile.

There are a couple improvements that can be done, and I have kind of planned as time permits:

1. Option to recall operator while on wait by pressing *

2. Limiting the number of waiting calls at any given time and deliver them in the order these came. Currently, an unlimited number of calls can go waiting, and will be presented in no predictable order. (this is much more complicated).

The script is available at:ciscoscripts.com

8 Replies 8

goldbergj
Level 1
Level 1

How do you actually use these scripts, do you just put the TCL script in flash and then add the commands that you have remarked out in the file and substitute the router's IP with the applicable value?

Do you have more super cool stuff for CME as well?

Thanks,

JG

Hi,

Yes, the script has to be copied into flash and a service configured per script comments.

And, it is for CME, although I suspect that with a proper setup it may work with CCM also.

Ah, forgot to mention, look at consolite, that will show status of your phones;

http://pbevila.fastmail.fm/public/CME%20Consolite/

Great, i will give that a try, thanks for all that you do, i see that you are regularly the voice of expertise around here and you help a lot of people i'm sure.

thanks again,

JG

Thank you for the appreciation. I had fun writing the scripts and would be happy to know that people are using them.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

I've added another feature to this script.

Now you can present to the called the new call, and let know the caller about that, giving the possibility of answering as usual.

To do that, configure under service, a "param prefix" e.g. "CA". Configure an ephone-dn composed of said prefix and the extension number. The incoming calls will be sent on this ephone-dn. Configure button as overlay with call waiting for these two DN, e.g.

ephone-dn 30 dual-line

number 210

huntstop channel

call-forward busy 68

ephone-dn 31 dual-line

number CA210

ephone 10

button 1c30,31

If the param prefix is not configured, the service will not present the new call.

Thank you for posting this information. It is nice to see some examples for tcl scripting.

mkoncurat
Level 1
Level 1

I am using CMBE 6.1 I would like to use a variation of the script, for internal callers only, but essentially only prompt them that I'm on another call. (Not give them the option to hold.)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: