Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS h323 gateway - voice translation rule

PAUL CHEN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If i have an incoming call from the US into a router's h323 gateway in a certain country and I need to add on 00 to the calling display, how do I go about doing it with voice translation rules ?

For the sake of discussion, say a call from the US ,+12123945XXX goes into the gateway and the called party is 85224023XXX.

How do I go about displaying the calling party as +0012123945XXX , which is adding the 2 '00' to the calling party.

I need to do this using IOS voice translation rules.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Paul

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Paul,

If it's only for certain international numbers, you can match on the ISDN plan/type. Do a 'debug isdn q931' to see the type and plan and use something like this:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 // /00/ type international international

voice translation-profile 1

translate calling 1

That would translate only the calling number for international calls.

-nick

View solution in original post

Yes, if you want to do it for certain patterns. Check Nick's example for more generic.

+5 Nick from me.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

What about:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^1233945/ /001233945/

and add translation to correct dial-peer then match calling party number.

Hi Konrad ,

Is this how I should do it ?

translate calling 1

dial peer voice 1 voip

dest-pattern 2404.....

translation profile outgoing 1

session target ipv4:x.x.x.x

Thanks and regards.

Yes, if you want to do it for certain patterns. Check Nick's example for more generic.

+5 Nick from me.

Hi Paul,

If it's only for certain international numbers, you can match on the ISDN plan/type. Do a 'debug isdn q931' to see the type and plan and use something like this:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 // /00/ type international international

translate calling 1

That would translate only the calling number for international calls.

-nick

Hi Nick,

I got it to work but I could not using the translation profile on the dial-peer.

I placed the translation profile on the voice-port x/x/x

translation profile incoming xxx

and that worked.

Do you know why it did not work on the dial-peer ? I tried incoming and outgoing on the dial-peer.

Thanks again,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Depending on the call flow, you may need it on the voice port. Certain FXS calls flows work slightly different in terms of translation. Otherwise - you may have used different dial peers than you expected.

hth,

nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: