Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IP address change on secondary CUCM, Unity, and IPCC only

I'm trying to determine if I'm biting off more than I can chew.  I manage quite a few things at the point and time and this seemed like a straight forward process, but I'm finding there are more things to take into consideration.  We have each server pair in a failover set up.  I am simply moving the secondarys to a new ip subnet/vlan.  So only one side needs to have the ip address changed.  I was wondering if anyone could share their experience with ip addressing changes in this type of scenario?  Below are the server versions

CUCM 6.14

Unity 5.0

CRSA 5.0 Unified CCX enhanced

Thank you in advance for any input!

4 REPLIES

I can't answer for IPCC but I can share my experiences with Unity and CUCM.

In the past with Unity Failover I've done the following.

1.  make sure the node your moving is not the active node.

2.  Disconnect the network cable

3.  Change the IP in Windows like you normally would. 

4.  Reconnect the network cable and verify ip connectivity.

5.  Re Run the Unity Failover Wizard (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_configuration_example09186a00800c3914.shtml)

6.  Check your voicemail ports in cucm.  If it is resolving the the host name of the failover unity server you should be ok otherwise you will need to reconfigure your voicemail ports that point to the failover node so that they point to the correct IP.

CUCM on the other hand is a different story. 

Here are the instructions on changing an IP in CUCM 5.x and 6.x

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/6_1_2/ipchange/ipchg612.html

While it seems like changing an IP should be a pretty easy stright forward process, I personally have had nothing but hard times when changing the IP or Hostname in CUCM. 

Most of the time you will need to drop the database in the sup and build it back out.  Sometimes I found it easier to completelty rebuild the SUB on the new subnet. 

I would review the link above on changing the IP and be prepared to open a TAC case when you do change the IP. 

Thanks James,

Seem as if the CUCM and Unity is a little more straight forward.  However, this connection with IPCC is what really concerns me.  Sounds like I'm going to have to check every call agents software as well etc.  We are tight on our budget right now and its a pain in the butt using Smartcare....which forces us to use our partner and spend more money.

Green

Hi David,

Here is the link for UCCX (IPCC) changing Ip addreses

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_5_0/maintenance/admin/crs501ag.pdf

Page 11-40 gives examples

I have never done this so I cant comment on easiness

HTH

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Re: IP address change on secondary CUCM, Unity, and IPCC only

Also, remember that UCCX (IPCC) needs his AXL provider configure in it, so remember to change it to the new CUCM ip address.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content