Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IP Change of CUCM 6.1.2 Publisher & Subcriber

Dear Experts,

We are moving call manager servers to a new location and the ip addresses of the servers needs to be changed. We currently have about 500 registered users.

I have referred the below link, and it looks very simple. Also, i will be updating the enterprise settings, which uses the call manager IPs.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/6_1_1/ipchange/ipchg611.html#wp177806

What other options do we have to check.

Please advise if we need to keep in mind any other configurations for the successful change of IP address.

Thanks.

Everyone's tags (1)
6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

If you have integrations to

If you have integrations to any other systems, UCCX, CUC, GWs, etc, also change them there, 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Thanks Jaime. Its comforting

Thanks Jaime. Its comforting to know that it is as simple as the document says and no other steps involved.

We also have a Unity 2.x server which will be moved along with the CUCM servers as well.

I was looking for any specific document for procedure on changing IP Address of Unity but no success.

I'm using DiRT to take the backup of the unity system. Any advise/precautions for unity.

Hello Guys,I have changed the

Hello Guys,

I have changed the IP Addresses of the Publisher and subscriber as per the document... The CM servers in the publisher are reflecting with the correct IP address whereas in subscriber the publisher IP has not updated. I have tried to change it manually in subscriber but it gives a permission error.

Why didnt the Publisher IP get updated in Subscriber. And I guess due to this we have an issue with the dbreplication in the nodes.The replication state is 3 in both Publisher and Subscriber.

Publisher

admin:show perf query class "Number of Replicates Created and State of Replication"
==>query class :

- Perf class (Number of Replicates Created and State of Replication) has instances and values:
    ReplicateCount  -> Number of Replicates Created   = 393
    ReplicateCount  -> Replicate_State                = 3

Subscriber

admin:show perf query class "Number of Replicates Created and State of Replication"
==>query class :

- Perf class (Number of Replicates Created and State of Replication) has instances and values:
    ReplicateCount  -> Number of Replicates Created   = 393
    ReplicateCount  -> Replicate_State                = 3

I have stopped the db replication on both the nodes and run utils dbreplication reset all on publisher.
Will have to check if this resolves the problem.

All the devices are registered with Subscriber and are working fine.

Dear Experts,The issue is

Dear Experts,

The issue is still persisting. The Publisher IP reflecting in the Subscriber is still old IP, and is not yet updated.

Can some one please advise how to resolve the db replication issue. thanks.

On Publisher

admin:run sql select name, nodeid from ProcessNode

name               nodeid
================== ======
EnterpriseWideData 1
10.2.16.1      2
10.2.16.2      3

On Subscriber -

admin:run sql select name, nodeid from ProcessNode
name               nodeid
================== ======
EnterpriseWideData 1
10.1.10.1        2
10.2.16.2      3

Cisco Employee

Did you perform a cluster

Did you perform a cluster reboot after changing the IP address of the cucm server?

Manish

Dear Manish,The issue got

Dear Manish,

The issue got resolved now. I forgot to change the Publisher IP in Subscriber, which I did yesterday using the OS Admin Page. and rebooted the Sub and then the Publisher.

Still the issue was persisting. So, I stopped the db replication on subscriber and publisher. Did the db replication reset all on the publisher yesterday night.

And today morning the db replication was good (2) on both the systems. :)

then went ahead and updated the URL Parameters. and performed the post testing again.

Thanks all for the help.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content