Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator 8.6.1.0 crashes

michael_rost
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm running the cisco IP Communicator v 8.6.1.0 or I have to say I try running this client. Usually after a few days of operation the client does not work anymore. When invoking the Dialog and clicking any button the Dialog freezes. As soon as this happens the only chance to recover is to re-install the client. I appreciate any suggestion how I can solve this problem. I'm running the client on my W7 Dell Laptop.

Thanks

Michael

4 Replies 4

Dragan Ilic
Level 4
Level 4

Well this piece of software runs fine on my Win 8.1 and Win 7 before that also. The only thing I can suggest is to always run IP communicator "As administrator..." and try compatibility mode in Windows 7 - maybe that helps...

HTH,

Dragan

HTH,
Dragan

Rakesh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Michal,

I have hp 240 g8 laptop i am trying to install Cisco ip communicator in my laptop but when try to install software while Cisco ip communicator getting crashed and i also changed the path but same issue can you assist me how to fix this issue 

Advice you to create your own post as what you're asking is off-topic to the OP. Apart from this CIPC is at is end of life and it is recommended to use Jabber or Webex with the companion device types, CSF, TCT, TAB or BOT, in CM as a replacement.

Response Signature

I think u don't know what is the solution for that. Thanks for your suggestion