Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IP Communicator 8.6.2.0 Portugese Language Pack Will Not Install on Windows XP

We have tried installing IP Communicator (version 8.6.2.0) with the Portugese language pack on two computers recently (Windows XP, SP3, 32 bit), and have received the same error on each. We push the communciator software using Symantec Management Agent/Altiris, and the software itself installs properly. The computers in question are located at one of our plants in Brazil, while I am located in Michigan.

However, once we open the application on the two computers, the Portugese language pack starts installing, bu then times out and we get an error stating that the process timed out. If we close Communicator, change the locale/language to English in Call Manager, and then open Communicator again, it works just fine.

I changed the language for my Communicator on my computer to Portugese, and was able to install the language pack without any issues.

We have also been able to install IP Communicator with Portugese language pack on computers in Brazil in the past without any issue. These two are having issues; both have been within the past two weeks.

Has anyone seen this issue previously? If so, what did you do to resolve it?

Everyone's tags (4)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content