cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator 8.6.2 No Audio

JunoJade6
Level 1
Level 1

When using IP Communicator on their PC, one of our colleagues is unable to hear any audio in IP Communicator. The person they call (or that calls them) can hear them, but nothing can be heard on the user's IP Communicator

The user is running IP Communicator 8.6.2 on a Windows 7, 64-bit machine. I set the default Windows audio device to Speakers/Headphones (IP Communicator was closed at this point). The user specifically stated that he does not want to use a headset. I then opened IP Communicator and ran the Audio Tuning Wizard, and set all devices to the Default Windows Audio Device. These steps usually fix any audio issues we have with IP Communicator, but not this time.

The computer's audio works for other applications, but not for IP Communicator. Even with the volume set to max (within the app), nothing can be heard, not even a dial tone. I also disabled the firewall on the PC, but to no avail.

Is there anything else I can try?

5 Replies 5

With IP Communicator running, check the Windows Volume Mixer (click the speaker in the taskbar, then click Mixer). Make sure IP Communicator shows in the Applications list, and the volume is turned up for the application.

-Jameson

I tried that after you suggested it; volume was turned all the way up for the application, but there was no audio during calls. However, we could then hear dial tone; just no audio once the call connected.

Also, during the call, IP Communicator will crash, and I have to restart it. This happens every time.

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

Double click the "?" button during a call and see if it is receiving RTP packets.  It may be that the other phone doesn't have network access to this users PC.

I tried this after you suggested it. When hitting the ? button, a message appears in the IP Communicator window that states, "Choose an option or pause for help" (see attached screenshot). An  IE window then opens, with help options; nothing really to see packets.

You need to press it twice quickly to avoid it opening the help menu.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: