cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator HKLM HostName

blakelangston1
Level 1
Level 1

I notice there are two HostName registry keys when installing IP Communicator. It seems that IP Communicator only uses whats in the HKLM field. Is there anyway to have it use the HostName key that's in HKCU instead? I'm trying to deploy from a server and wanted to edit the key to include %username% so that when each user logged in, it would map their username to device name.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The only way to force IPC to use whatever is configured on the HKCU is by deleting the HKLM key.

You'll need to remove the registry setting from HKLM and then change the device name/tftp address etc in the HKCU.

Regards,

Tere. 

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The only way to force IPC to use whatever is configured on the HKCU is by deleting the HKLM key.

You'll need to remove the registry setting from HKLM and then change the device name/tftp address etc in the HKCU.

Regards,

Tere. 

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Thanks! That did the trick....Have you ever seen Cisco Unified Problem Reporting Tool open the first time, everytime you launch IPC? It's creating zip files on my server. But IPC works fine after it restarts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: