cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator licenses

lkinchen
Level 1
Level 1

I was asked how many licenses were available for ip communicator. Up until that point I never heard such a thing. Is there such a thing if so, where can I find out this information?

5 Replies 5

Hi,

With Communications Manager 5.X and later, you need to have Device License Units [a license file] uploaded on the UCM server.

That's the reason why you have been asked this question since each device on UCM server needs certain number of DLUs.

To answer your query, IP Communicator needs 3 DLUs. If you are configuring IP Communicatior as an Adjunct device, meaning hardphoe as primary device and IP communicator associated with this hardphone as a secondary phone then you need only 1 DLU per communicator.

Attached is the DLU calculator.

-> Sushil

CIPC has always required a phone license. Prior to UC Manager 5.0 it was SW-CCM-UL-IPCOMM. With 5.0 and later it is DLUs and licensing is enforced.

The adjunct licensing comment is correct, but note that adjunct licensing didn't come out until UC Manager 6.0. In 5.x CIPC requires 3 DLUs regardless.

Don

My mistake. Thanks for pointing out Don. I forgot to state that in my post.

-> Sushil

Will this calculator work for me. I'm on 4.1(3)

There is no licensing enforcement in 4.X and no concept of DLUs, so the calculator is only for UC Mgr. 5.0 and later. In 4.X and below you would need to order the appropriate software license per phone - SW-CCM-UL-XXXX (SW-CCM-UL-7911, SW-CCM-UL-7975, etc.)

Don

BTW - great calculator! I'm not sure why the ATA would cost 3 DLUs in 5.1 though. The intent was one DLU per port.