Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator One Way Voice

msadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guru's

Recently i have Installed Cisco Communicator (v1.1.3.0) in our LAN network. When i call to our local extension i can hear the other recepeint voice, but they can't hear my voice.

So could anyone please can help me out.

We have CCM 4.2(1.

I even removed the configration and added with the new one but it happend to appear the same...

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Couple of things to check:

1. make sure you dont have a firewall enabled on your PC

2. Make sure there is no firewall/ACL blocking RTP traffic between the networks

3. Make sure you have working microphone on your PC

4. If you have multiple NIC adapters on the PC, use the ethernet NIC as device name

HTH,

Chris

Hi !!!

Thanks a lot for your response, well here is the answere for your questions.

1. I have WinXP SP2 with no firewall blocked i even checked in the WinXP Firewall ( Expection) there IP communicator is already open.

2. How can i check weather RTP/ACL is blocking

3. Microphone is working fine

4. No i have single NIC card

I lookforward for some troubleshooting tips!!

Set up a packet sniffer on the PC or laptop that you are using IP Communicator on. Use something like Ethereal. Set up a call and open the sniffer and look for any packets in the profile labeled: RTP. You should be able to set filters to isolate the RTP packets.

mparekh
Level 3
Level 3

From the PC where you have the Communicator installed can you ping the recepeints phone's IP address or if they also have an IP Communicator their PCs?

Besides being a firewall/ACL issue it could also be a routing issue where the RTP stream has not path from you PC to the recepient.

mrmoejoe
Level 1
Level 1

I chased a problem like this for quite some time, then I stumbled on this forum post. If you are experiencing this problem with a Dell Laptop I would check it out.

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddca998

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

This is an extremely old version of IP Communicator, have you tried upgrading to 2.0(2)?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: