cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator over wireless not registering

terryabbott
Level 5
Level 5

Looking for others that may have run into this, IP Communicator 2.1.2.0 will not register when using wireless network but does on same machine over wired network.

Thanks in advance for the help.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hardcode the device name under CIPC config and use that one to register it in CUCM

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

That is how we do our IP Communicators. We still have the problem not registering.

I have a similar problem where it tries to start and says that it "Could not find a network adapter needed for registration" but like you it only happens when I am on wireless and not when wired. It has done this for the last several versions. The only way to get it working that I have found is to uninstall, reboot, and reinstall. This will get it working for a time or two but then it does it again later.

I found the solution to my problem. I had to disable the VLAN Priority Support value under the advanced tab of the wireless card. After that the IP Communicator (v2.1.2) registered fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: