Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator question

rramlal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a scenario where an ip communicator will be connecting via their wireless card over at a subsite however my question is if this laptop plugs into for instance a head office location using their LAN card instead, how can I make that work? Is there a particular mac-address that can allow this for me?

Thanks much.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

With IPC you can use any device name you want, a good practice is to not use the MAC address but rather define a device name on IPC, this way you don't have to worry about which interface on the laptop is used as it will always use the defined device name to register.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

With IPC you can use any device name you want, a good practice is to not use the MAC address but rather define a device name on IPC, this way you don't have to worry about which interface on the laptop is used as it will always use the defined device name to register.

HTH,

Chris

Wow I didnt know this. Is there any specification for the device name? Can you give an example?

There is a limit on how many characters can be used, if I recall it is 12, so I like to use naming convention such as IPC as long as that does not exceed the limit.  To validate the limit, see how many characters you can use as device name on IPC device in CUCM.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks much for the fast response on this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: