cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator Through Cisco VPN

bmcdonald
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to set up IP communicator 2.1.0.104 through a Cisco VPN client to a CCM 4.2

In the office it works as expected but when VPN'd in it registers with call manager but I do not get any DN or soft keys but I can look up phone numbers through the directories and I can change ring tones. This happens not only on my Vista machine but on XP machines as well.

I have shut off local firewalls and made sure I can ping the TFTP servers while connected to the VPN

6 Replies 6

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

- The version you are using seems to be a Beta version, so I wont be suprised if this is a bug.

- Meanwhile from the configuration prospective, Only you Launch CIPC, Right click on the screen and select Preferences. Under Network Tab, ensure that the Device Name open still points to your NIC Card and not VPN Adaptor when you are connected on VPN. The Device Name should not change even if you are connecting to CM over VPN or Office.

I have verified that it still points to the onboard NIC. This also happens with the older version on CIPC on an XP machine

pdaniels
Level 1
Level 1

I'm desparatley trying to get a copy of IP Communicator 2.1. Can you send me the link or mail the program. The links I have tried do not work.

Thanks in advance

I had to get it from my Cisco rep. after signing releases etc.

guibarati
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I'm having exactly this same problem. The IPC works fine when on local network, but when over VPN it register, can lookup for directory, but does not get DN or profile.

Did you get to solve this problem somehow?

Thanks,

Guilherme

bmcdonald
Level 1
Level 1

To correct the problem we had to remove the "Inspect Skinny" from the firewall. Once that was completed all worked as expected.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: