Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IP Communicator via EVDO Card

I would like to use IP Communicator via a Sprint EVDO broadband card connected to our network with VPN.

IP Communicator works fine as long as my laptop is on the LAN. When I take the laptop off the LAN and tell IP Comm. to use the EVDO VPN connection, it fails to register with the CallManager.

The CallManager administrative phone settings for IP Comm. designate a MAC address that must be used when using IP Comm. Unfortunately I cannot find a MAC address for my Broadband card. I feel like I am missing some small piece that will make everything work. If you have a suggestion please reply.

We are running CCM 4.0.

3 REPLIES

Re: IP Communicator via EVDO Card

That shouldnt matter. It should still register with the mac that you set in IPCommunicator. This could be your lan mac even if you are not actively connected through the lan.

The Cisco VPN client created an additional Lan adaptor in my "Network Connections" portion of Windows. This adaptor had a different MAC address than my NIC or EVDO wireless card. I plugged this MAC into the CallManager and it started working.

If you have a Sprint novatel, like mine, just open a DOS prompt and do " ipconfig /all" and look for the PPP Adapter configuration. That should be your card, with MAC address.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content