cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP IVR

peternnaji
Level 1
Level 1

I have two CCCM6.0 and a Unity server. I want to configure IP IVR for the receptionist so that when an external call comes in, the caller instantly hears a response like:

"welcome to ... If you the extension you want to cal, dial now or wait for the operator" and so on. Does this require an additional server or can it be configured on the CCM Auto attendant? I am confused on how to go about it. Please help.

4 Replies 4

bobsairam
Level 1
Level 1

Does not require an additional server .You can configured on the CCM Auto attendant

Thanks for your response. How will the prompts be recorded and uploaded into the CCM. Can you please give me guidelines on how to do it

You could use Unity to do this as well. Setup your default call handler to answer all calls into the organization. Look for extension input the whole time the message is playing and then transfer to the operator's extension if the user times out or presses 0. All the prompts can be recorded in Unity.

HTH,

Steve

with CCM you dont have auto attendant as an installed application. previous versions of CCM 4.X and earlier came with the IP IVR software that you coould have installed co-resident, on the CCM server itself. with version 5.X and UP, you do get the software, however you do require another server if you want this feature. We normally dont go that route as UNITY works fine as an auto attendant and is much easier to configure. therefore, you can use UNITY if you dont want to buy another server, and you cant use CCM itself to act as the auto attendant.

hope this helps