Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Ip phone 6941 / 6961 SIP to SCCP conversation procedure?

Hi Experts,

Can you please help me out with this question below:

Is it possible to convert 6941/61 SIP firmware to SCCP? I want to use them in a Communication Manager Express 8.5 running on a 3825 router.

Not sure, if this type of phone also requires any special procedure between firmare conversation like the 79xx phones

I have not found anything yet so far on this metter....

If one of you had also bumped into this before, or you have any idea please share!

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Tibor

4 REPLIES

Ip phone 6941 / 6961 SIP to SCCP conversation procedure?

The only way to convert a phone from SIP to SCCP is to delete it from CUCM and re-provision it as SCCP. There's no nattly little script as there is with SCCP to SIP.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Re: Ip phone 6941 / 6961 SIP to SCCP conversation procedure?

Hi,

Thanks yor your reply, but actually I'm looking for the way of converting a 6941/61 with SIP firmware to SCCP running a CME 8.5 (not on CUCM)

Regards,

Tibor

Your SIP firmware is in your TFTP bind statements correct ? Or no.  You should upload files to flash, put correct tftp bind, specifcy the phone firmware in the phone type command under telephony-services and device the ephone as that phone type.

If your SIP firmware is not in your tftp bind statements you could just do a factory reset I on phone would imagine and then load the sccp firmware.

Hi Gregory,

Thank you for your help, really appreciated.

Let me be more specific a bit

My question is more on changing firmware on the phone itself, is there is any tricky thing should be considered?

Let me copy a link on firmware conversion on 79xx phones:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a0080094584.shtml

SCCP Image 3.x/Earlier to SIP Image 6.x/Earlier and from SCCP Image 5.x to SIP Image 5.x/6.x

This is the procedure to convert SCCP image 3.x or earlier to the       desired SIP image 6.x or earlier, or to convert SCCP image 5.x to the desired       SIP images 5.x or 6.x:

1. Each phone requests the initial setup file OS79XX.TXT.

Note: Ensure that you use exactly the same name, because the file names                 on the TFTP server and the SIP image name in OS79XX.TXT are case                 sensitive.

2. Each phone loads the firmware binary file listed in the OS79XX.TXT             file. After the proper BIN file is downloaded, it replaces the software that it             runs with this new image. In order to switch back to another software version,             the phone must be restarted so that the software can be downloaded             again.

3. Each phone loads the SIP image that is indicated in the initial             setup file. In this case, the P0S30100.bin file is loaded.

4. Each phone loads the SIPDefault.cnf file. This file contains basic             configuration settings that are common for all phones.

5. Each phone loads its specific configuration information from the             file SIPmac_address.cnf. The MAC address must be specified             in capital letters.

Thanks again for all your replies and help!

Tibor

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content