Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ip phone 7821 licensing issue

Hello engineers!

I have fifteen ip phones 7821 model but I only could register 5 of them, the rest give me the "unknown" message. I have understood that this phones need UCL basic license.

My question is, that if I have some enhanced UCL licenses available, could this phones take this enhanced licenses in order to registering in the CUCM?

I have 9.1.2 CUCM version.

Actually, I have the next licensing:

Thanks for your help!

Regards!

Iván

21 Replies 21

Yes they are working perfect now. Have you faced the same problem ? 

I did not face the same problem.

thanks for sharing the info.

regds,

aman

Hi,

My CUCM is version 10.x and this issues is still not resolve.

refer to BugID "CSCun03177"

For version 9.x is resolved. but not yet for version 10.x

you need to request TAC and they will send you "Temporary License" for you depend on how many 7821 IP Phone you bought.

for version 10.x is waiting for new "Device pack" version "10.0(1.11005.1)" to solve.

Hello you all!

My issue has been resolved with TAC help, it turns out that it was not a license issue, I hit the next bug:

CSCun23612

7841 Cannot join VLAN if broadcast over 30kbps.

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCun23612

Its weird because I have the 9.1.2 CUCM version, and it says that only 10.1.1 is affected, but we did the workaround and it worked.

Right now, I am only check if all the phones are registered.

Thank you to all of you for the help.

Regards!

Iván

HI Ivan,

thanks for sharing the bug[+5]

can u please let us know how TAC engr. found this issue since your issue was related to available Licenses being not consumed ? any findings ,let us know.

regds,

aman

Sure Aman,

Reviewing the CDP process, the engineer realized that phones that were not registered did not get IP address and did not respond to ping messages, even if they were configured with static addresses. With these symptoms he found this bug in his database.

10.1.1SR1 is the firmware that contains the fix for this bug.

Thank you again.

thanks...

Basically,it was a registration issue.

regds,

aman