Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone 7900 series

rshakee69
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am facing a problem related to my 7900 series phones.

problelm is that we are upgrading our CUCM cluster form 8.0.3 to 9.1(2) and first step we download a firmware for 7942G series and try to install

in our lab for our call center agent phones , once we upload new firmware "9.3(1)SR4" and apply to different call center devices it successfully uploaded, but wehen we start to sue it and try to use "transfer" softkey it not working, so I will be appreciate all of you if you can help me out for this issue.

Thanks

Rizwan

3 Replies 3

afmmanicke
Level 1
Level 1

If this is in your lab environment I'd try to match the production as closely as possible including Media Termination Points (MTP.)

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_1_1/ccmsys/CUCM_BK_C5565591_00_cucm-system-guide-91/CUCM_BK_C5565591_00_cucm-system-guide-91_chapter_011100.html#CUCM_RF_MECC11BA_00

TONY

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rizwan,

Are these phones using Headsets by any chance? If so, it may be this bug using that exact firmware;

Problems transferring/answering calls when using headset with 79XX phone
CSCun26289

Cheers!
Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for reply , yes you are right it is a bug and specially when you used headset , because we check with headset it behaive same problem but when we use with out headset we able to do as we need ,

Rob i will appreciate you if you can provide some more details that how we can resolve this issue.

Thanks

Rizwan