Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone 7906 configuring CM list

p.maillot
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I try to start my IP Phone 7906, but always Configuring IP and after configuring CM List and never on.

On status message I can see No CTL installed and TFTP Error

Regards

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

are you pointing to the right TFTP IP?

using right model? already configured or autoregistration??

try recreating the TFTP files

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Can you explain to me, What to do when thie error "Configuring CM list" appears on diplay and it does not let the ip phone start up?

Additionally to what Jaime suggests, can you also check the DHCP settings (option 150) on the vlan that your phone is connected?

You may also check by "show cdp neigh detail" the IP address of your phone and if all the above are check maybe worth of hard-reset the phone.

G

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Excuse me. You are not telling me much. I do not see it. I am not very smart on the subject. Can you say a bit more.

Hello,

Can you tell us where do you try to register your 7906, is it CUCM or CUCME?

For example, if it is CUCM then on the Call Manager you need to make sure that you have created the correct type of phone and MAC address of the phone (Cisco 8845 in my example), see highlighted.

Device.PNG

Additionaly, you need to go the on the phone, at the device advanced settings and check your Network settings.

At the network settings you can manually set as TFTP the IP address of your CUCM. This will force the phone to find the CUCM for registration.

A factory reset may also help, by following the procedure that is described below:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-ip-phone-7900-series/15254-7960-default.html

Hope this helps,

G

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

The ip phone does not let me change those parameters. If I go on the ip address of the phone, it is network parameters tab, it can be edited but it cannot be saved or applied as I refresh the page it returns to defaults.

The phone starts and get recognised by my router. It just freezes on configuring CM list forever.

My broadband is a virgin superhub. I did not find any page explaining if I can set the router ”gateway” “forwarding” etc. for it. In the past I used to have a cisco sp112 adapter and in order to have it working I needed to change virgin router setting

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: