Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone 7940g - "Tftp file not found"

Dear All,

I was used SCCP firmware in my 7940 and as per our requirement, we have changed the firmware to SIP and it was working well for some time. Suddenly the phone resarted and strucked in the state of "tftp file not found". Can anybody please hlp me on this issue.

Regards,

Chaitanya.

3 Replies 3

mohamed helmy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Chaitanya,

if you are using CME, please make sure that the firmware aleady uploaded to your Flash or the TFTP server.

if so, please run this commands:

tftp-server flash: <file name>

repeat this with all firmware files.

also please check if you have the command "load <phone type> <file name without .loads> " under the telephony-service

if this is a CUCM, please check that the device defualt points to the firmware you want, also make sure that this file already uploaded to the TFTP "CUCM Pub"

one more thing, you may need to restart the TFTP service at the CUCM Pub.

- after checking all the above the IP Phone shall boot normally, if no, please try to hard reset it following these steps:

- remove the network cable

- press and hold the # key

- connect the network cable

the IP Phone leds will start to flash, then remove the # key and press this sequence 987654321*0#

the phone will boot from the firmware you defined above.

Regards,

Mohamed Helmy

Regards, Mohamed Helmy

Hi Helmy,

As you said, i am not using any CME or CUCM in my network. i was configured and used SIP account in my IP phone 7940g.

Hi Chaitanya,

Where is this SIP account? The provider will have to have a TFTP file for the 7940 phone in orderfor the phone to register to it. If they don't provide it, the phone will not register because this is the standard procedure for a cisco phone registration.

Hantale

Sree