Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phone 7941/61 Restart when PC Disconnected/Reloaded

abdel-moniem
Level 5
Level 5

Dear All

I am facing a strange issue with Two different Customers Now and I wonder if anybody face a smilar issue

The issue is that an IP phone 7941/61 G being restart ( and if there is a call being disconnected) when a PC that is connected to it is being Disconnected or Restarted .

- I tried ( with the help of Cisco TAC ) to change the FW of the IP phone to different Versions ( from oldest 8.3.2 ) to the newest (9.0.2) ( note : the current is 8.5.3 ) .still the issue repeated .

- I Collected the traces and issue seems to be the "UpdateCapability" meesge is huge ( more than 1800Bytes Data ) and being fragmented and somehow  it is not reachin the CUCM . Cisco Said somthing in the network. But the network have been checked for possible fragmenting points and nothing appeares

- Also I have another customer with other different network setting and the issue is exactly the same

The site that host the phones is a Remote site , and the CUCM is in the HQ. CUCM version is 7.1.3

Note:  I had the same issue in another Remote Site ( with the same phone model )  but this one was registered on a a CUCM 4.2.3 windows based and the issue being resolved by upgrading the Firmware to 9.0.2  However this version still not working my case

Has anybody faced that issue before ? any guideness or other point of view to look at this issue

thanks

2 Replies 2

dijohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try

Firmware Release 9.0(3)

If MSS on CCM server is set higher than the MTU is causes the phone to crash. You might be hitting http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsk85434 .

HI ,Thanks for your answer

I tried upgrading the Phone to 9-0-3 and didn't solve the problem as well , problem still presist

any suggestion

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: