Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone 7941, 7911

vishal.rane
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

In a Home Lab I am running CUCM 7.0 on a Virtual box with Cisco IP Phones 7941 & 7911.  I did a factory reset on both phones with key-combination of # and then 123456789#0*  .  After the phones reboots it starts the upgrade process and is being there for couple of hours now. Then it restarts and then upgrade process display appears and restart.... this is going for hours now.

Before the factory reset the phones get IP address from IOS DHCP and the correct TFTP server IP but was not registering. Any help to overcome this issue.

best wishes

Vishal

4 Replies 4

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Vishal,

What is the firmware stored on your CUCM for these 2 phone models ? If firmwares are too newer, phones can not get in one shot, try some older ones first & then you might want to bring them to newer/latest firmwares.

HTH

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Thanks Pande for your kind input

I am new to Cisco Voice, how do I check the option you mentioned for firmware.

best wishes

Vishal

Yes, as Web User mentioned, please check the firmware versions details in your CUCM from CUCM admin page & do let us know what it shows. A screenshot of that page would be best.

GP.

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

do to Device> Device setting > device Defaults and check the firmware load for your respective phones, also check the current firmware load on your phone

Setting (Button) > Model Information> App Load ID.

---

Posted by WebUser Fahad Ahmed