cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone 7941 NOT displaying a Time Zone?

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello All,

CallManager: 8.0.3.22026-1
IP Phone: CP-7941G

I was configuring a phone for a user that is located in a separate location then our main location, which is where I am. We have Device Pools configured for ALL of our locations with corresponding Time Zones. So I configured to phone for the remote location's Device Pool as well as all the other information required. But when I look at the LCD screen of the device it is showing 8:47 pm, when it should be showing 1:47 pm (*PST). Going to the phone's IP Address in a browser I can see that the Time Zone field which SHOULD say, "America/Los_Angeles", is just blank.

But if I look at the same info for ALL the other phones that are currently in that location, they are all displaying the correct time and the correct Time Zone. So I'm not sure why this phone I'm configuring is showing the wrong time/time zone?

I thought maybe it was because of the gateway the phone is connected to, so I switched the Device Pool to the Pool where I currently am, which should have changed the Time Zone to "EST". But after resetting the phone it is still displaying the incorrect time as well as NO Time Zone at all...

Anybody have any idea why this could be happening? Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks in Advance,
Matt

UPDATE:

Just remembered a while back we had to erase the ITL file on all the phones because of a certificate issue so it could then download the correct ITL file.

So I just realized that this phone I'm configuring has not been turned on in quite a while, so I just erased the ITL file and the phone is rebooting now and currently it's updating the firmware. I'll post back if this has fixed the issue once it is complete, but I'm assuming it will...

Thanks,

Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you have device mobility configured, the device pool will follow the subnet the phone is in. 

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

Ok, so the phone just finished upgrading the firmware and now it is displaying the Time Zone of the zone I am currently physically located in and NOT the Time Zone of the configured Device Pool.

So is this expected behavior, since the phone is not currently PHYSICALLY located at that location?

Thanks Again,
Matt

If you have device mobility configured, the device pool will follow the subnet the phone is in. 

Please rate useful posts.

Hey George, thanks for the reply!

Yes, you are absolutely correct. If I set Device Mobility Mode from Default to Off, the phone re-registers and the correct time for that time zone is displayed...!

Awesome, thanks again George. Much appreciated!

Thanks Again,
Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: