Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone 7941G continuously rebooting

kolkatagtc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am running CCM 4.1.3 SR2. 7941G phones which are registered are continuously rebooting and going on re-registering. Any workouts for this issue.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

jason-calbert_2
Level 3
Level 3

If the phones register to the callmanager and then reregister then look in the application logs to find the reason code.

If the phones never register then you can check one are they getting an IP address. If they are then you can get started troubleshooting this by looking at the tftp traces.

Please give a better description of exacly what the phones are doing when booting up. Also let me know if you are using auto registration or if you add the phone manually. Thanks

Hi,

My phones are manually entered and they are rebooting after getting registered with CCM.

Tell me if you need any other information.

Thanks

Please get me some of the application log when phones are reregistering. There will be a reason code. If you can get that for me I can tell you.

Are the phones across a WAN? How long are the return ping times that you get back?

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are using POE, check the switchport settings at the switch and also on the IP Phone. If you have mismatched port settings, the phone will try to negotiate between the switch and the phone, then reset the POE... hence rebooting the phone.